2013 Capital Conference Wrap-Up
Thank you to all the sponsors and companies that made our 4th annual 2013 Capital Conference a success. This year’s event was one of the largest conferences in our four year history showcasing 16 emerging companies in the fashion, apparel, branded goods and fashion-tech industries, to an audience of over 300 investors and industry executives.
Highlights of this year’s event included:
- The introduction of Air France as FashInvest’s Official Airline, who raffled off a pair of roundtrip tickets to France during the conference
- Aslaug Magnusdottir former CEO of Moda Operandi, co-founder of TSM Capital and last year’s recipient of the FashInvest Fashpreneur™ Award introducing this year’s Fashpreneur™, Julie Wainwright, CEO and founder of TheRealReal who sat down with Joe Welter, partner at Deloitte, to discuss her career and burgeoning designer luxury consignment website
- A “ FashInvest Alums Who Have Raised Capital” panel moderated by Stephen Wyss, partner at CohnReznik, that included FashInvest alums Benita Singh CEO of Source4Style, Nicole Gardner, COO of Dormify and Sari Bibliowicz co-founder of Bib + Tuck discussing how FashInvest helped the growth of their companies
- Quick Pitches of emerging fashion and fashion tech companies-
Styleocrat, Live Lux, Pinks and Greens, Flat out of Heels, Love that Fit, Numari, Oree, Madison Plus Select, Rafael Cennamo, United by Blue, Basico, FashionAdvance, Fashionism, Brayola, TheRunThrough and NowInStore moderated by Daymond John of ABC’s Shark Tank
- The Introduction of Xetum, Swiss automatic watch company, as the Official timepiece of FashInvest
- A “What you Need to Know to Grab Venture and PE Dollars” panel moderated by Ted Rosen, partner at Fox Rothschild with Elsa Berry, managing director of Vendome Global Partners, David Yarnell, general partner of BEV Capital and Lawrence Lenihan, managing director of First Mark Capital where the importance of brands knowing and connecting with their customers was stressed in the discussion
- A “How Leading Technologies are Changing the Way Consumers Shop” panel moderated by Veronika Sonsev, CEO and founder of inSparq with Caroline Covington, director of e-commerce operations at C.Wonder and Sam Sohali, creative director at DMA united, where innovative technologies in the e-commerce space were discussed
- An “ Innovators That are Setting the Industry Standard” panel moderated by Robert Fesnak, CEO of Fesnak & Associates with Heather Marie of CEO 72Lux, Susan Aplin, CEO of Bambeco, Veronica Sonsev, CEO of inSparq, Tanya Shaw, CEO of Me-ality where the founders of these companies discussed how they are helping brands learn how to connect with customers
- The Introduction of Chief Trunk, the original Oshkosh Trunk brand, as the Official Journey Accessory Brand of FashInvest
- The Brand Innovator of the Year Award presented to Nick Woodhouse, president and CMO at Authentic Brands Group by Lindsey Bozzelli, partner at Blank Rome. Woodhouse discussed his career trajectory, his work with Authentic Brands Group and why he believes the brand Juicy Couture will live on with Authentic Brand’s Group’s recent acquisition of Juicy Couture’s licensing rights
- The day concluded with a beautiful Holiday Networking Closing Reception at Helen Mills with giveaways that included a luxury travel bag from Chief Trunk, a luxury watch from Xetum and a gown from fashion designer Rafael Cennamo
Stay tuned for future FashInvest events!