Home » Acquisitions » QVC parent company Liberty Interactive acquires HSN in $2.1 billion deal
When the inevitable ensues. | Image courtesy: @QVC, @HSN

QVC parent company Liberty Interactive acquires HSN in $2.1 billion deal

Home shopping company QVC is increasing its share in the home shopping industry by acquiring HSN for $2.1 billion.

Liberty Interactive, QVC’s parent company, which already owned 38 percent has purchased the remaining 62 percent of HSN it did not previously own, TechCrunch reports.

“Integrating the companies will make them stronger than they are individually and stronger yet as a standalone entity in a changing and difficult market,” Greg Maffei, Liberty’s president and CEO said in a CNBC report. 

In 2015, QVC also acquired online discount retailer Zulilly to drive larger online sales and bring a younger demographic to both brands.

QVC offers customers a unique way to shop for products through their TV broadcasts, but to try and stay a relevant leader in the online retail space, the company has worked to drive online and mobile sales while increasing its activity on soical media.

“As the prominent global video commerce retailer and North America’s third largest mobile and e-commerce retailer, the combined company will be well-positioned to help shape the next generation of retailing,” Mike George, QVC’s president and CEO said in a statement.

By Emily Miller 

Comments

comments

Check Also

Groupe Rocher Agrees to Acquire Arbonne International, Strengthens Portfolio of Strong Brands

Groupe Rocher  has just announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire …

CHANGES ARE COMING!

We are pleased to be introducing a new version of the FashInvest Newsletter – WWD’s FashInvest Newsletter. If you are a current newsletter subscriber you will receive this new version in the upcoming week. Our goal with this new edition is to provide you, our valued, FashInvest community an updated product to learn about the latest news as it pertains to emerging companies, starts-ups and the financial institutions shaping the future of the fashion industry. Our current and prospective subscribers will find useful information about what is happening at the epicenter of fashion and finance. We hope you find the new look fresh and modern with meaningful content. Stay on the lookout!